This might be your first Northern Alberta winter or it might be your 61st but no matter what, you can never be ready enough. Here are a few good tips on how to survive the Northern Alberta winter.
- Two blankets on your bed is good, but 6 would be better ☺
- More lights around the house are always welcome during our short winter days.
- Take a nap, whenever you can. Just like a bear, hibernation always helps and winter will go away faster ☺
- Never complain about cold weather and snow because the more you complain, the harder it gets to survive.
- Make sure the windows in your home are closed properly, but remember to open them here and there, just to get a little fresh air and sleep better.
- On the coldest day of winter, remember summer and wish it to come back. Or just close your eyes and think about Mexico. Better yet book a vacation to somewhere warm.
- If you hear any tips from people who have been here for over 50 years, disregard my tips ☺
- Never ever ever complain about it being too hot in the summer time!