How to Survive an Alberta Winter
This might be your first Northern Alberta winter or it might be your 61st but no matter what, you can never be ready enough. Here are a few good tips on how to survive the Northern Alberta winter.
- Two blankets on your bed is good, but 6 would be better ☺
- More lights around the house are always welcome during our short winter days.
- Take a nap, whenever you can. Just like a bear, hibernation always helps and winter will go away faster ☺
- Never complain about cold weather and snow because the more you complain, the harder it gets to survive.
- Make sure the windows in your home are closed properly, but remember to open them here and there, just to get a little fresh air and sleep better.
- On the coldest day of winter, remember summer and wish it to come back. Or just close your eyes and think about Mexico. Better yet book a vacation to somewhere warm.
- If you hear any tips from people who have been here for over 50 years, disregard my tips ☺
- Never ever ever complain about it being too hot in the summer time!