Great Ways to Make Extra Money for a Vacation
A vacation is a perfect opportunity for you to unwind with your close friends or family members. But if you are more worried about maintaining the budget during your travels, you will find it difficult to enjoy yourself. Given below are 20 great ways to make some extra money that you can save for a vacation:
- Cut back on non – essentials: There will be a number of non – essentials services that you can choose to skip or downgrade, and save money. Health clubs, subscriptions to satellite TV, movie rental services, dance lessons, weekly Pilates classes and other such services can be cut down for a few months before vacation.
- Accumulate credit card reward points: If you have a credit card that offers a reward program, you may use it for a few months before the vacation for all your essentials. You can pay for groceries, gas and cellphone subscriptions and allow the reward to pile up. Then during your vacation, you can use these rewards to pay for hotel or travel discounts. Just make sure that you pay off your balance before its due date.
- Make food at home: A study conducted by the National Restaurant Association showed that a family with children under the age of 6 spends about $240 every month in restaurants. All that money can be saved by making food at home and by buying discounted coupons.
- Freelance: Use the skills that you have to earn some money on the side. You can write blogs, design website applications, click high quality photographs or any other task that you are good at. You can even use the skills that you have developed at your workplace!
- Babysit: Handling young children is a unique skill in itself, and many people are ready to pay you to keep take care of their children for a few hours. It is best to ask your friends and acquaintances if they need someone to look after their children, as parents will only hire someone they trust.
- Make and sell art: If you have creative inclination, you can sell your works of art for some money! There is a thriving market for everything from knitting and screen – printed T – shirts to metalsmithing and woodwork. You may even customize your work according to the tastes of your buyers to get a higher price for your work!
- Hold a garage sale: If there are many things in your home that have outlived their purpose, holding a garage sale is a great way to get rid of old stuff and earn some money. You can sell old books, clothes, toys and other items at low prices to visitors. Make sure that you post notices in your neighborhood to attract a crowd.
- Tutor students: People are always looking for people who can teach them something new. If you are good at a subject or a skill, you can consider tutoring people and spreading the knowledge. The more challenging your subject is, such as advanced mathematics, foreign languages, chess or violin playing, the more people will be ready to pay for your services.
- Participate as a test subject: Research institutions exploring the frontiers of human behavior and medicine need to have their theories and ideas tested on human guinea pigs. You may choose to stick to psychological research or venture towards pharmaceutical tests, but either way, always approach a reliable university.
- Invest your money: Instead of keeping current account in a bank, consider investing money to earn a substantial interest over a period of time. If you have a knack for understanding the share market, you may even make some beneficial investments for the long term.
- Walk dogs: Most dogs need some amount of exercise and owners may be too busy to take them out for walks. Offer to walk the dogs of your friends and acquaintances and you stand a chance to earn some money. A huge plus for people who love dogs too!
- Take surveys: Many organizations require public opinion about their products or services, and they are ready to pay people to test it out and give an honest feedback. Go online and sign up for some popular surveys sites such as Pinecone Research or Opinion Outpost and you can earn some extra money in your free time.
- Work as a lifeguard: If you are a good swimmer, you can ensure the safety of other people in the swimming pool by becoming a lifeguard. The inclusion of life-saving skills like CPR can make you more valuable as a lifeguard and you stand to earn more money.
- Become a caddie: Golf is a rich man’s game, but you do not need to be rich to earn some money from it! As a caddie, all you need to do is walk around with a bag and assist golf players for a few hours, and you get to earn a good pay.
- Do yard work: Maintaining a yard requires a lot of dedication and effort. Although everyone wants to have a beautiful yard, they may not have the time, patience or skills to keep the grass looking green. You can pull weeds, mow yards and aerate lawns to make some healthy cash on the side.
- Work at weddings: Most weddings require the combined effort of a large number of people with special skill sets, and you can contribute to the most beautiful day in someone’s life while you are at it! You can be a DJ, a photographer o simply help the families coordinate the entire event and make extra money for vacation.
- Become a tour guide: Do you live to close to a popular tourist spot? Leverage that advantage by becoming a tour guide and sharing your knowledge about the history and culture of your locality. You can make yourself even more valuable by making yourself more aware about the accommodation and transport facilities around the tourist spot.
- Become an extra: Movies and television shows are always looking for people who can become a face in the crowd. Approach movie productions and filming studios to become an extra and ear some money. You may even get to work alongside some of your favorite actors!
- Wash vehicles: Washing cars can be very costly even though the equipment required for the task is relatively cheap. Teach yourself how to clean cars and offer to wash the vehicles in your neighborhood for a price. You may even dust and clean the interiors to earn some more money.
- House – sit: Probably one of the easiest ways to make fast money for vacation on this list is to be a warm body in a house! If people are spending a long time away from their home, they need someone to ensure that their property is safe. Again, ask your friends and acquaintances if they need someone to hose – sit, as homeowners would only hire someone they trust.
There are many other ways you can save money and earn extra cash for vacation. Keep your eyes open for opportunities and you will be able to save enough to have a great trip with your family or friends!