Wouldn’t it be great to work for a company that gets it? Gets that when you build people, invest in technology, and honor client relationships you build the business. Gets that having a purpose is better than just having a job and gets that company values should be lived not simply hung on a wall. Cashco gets it!
Are you looking to obtain diverse accounting experience while working towards your CPA designation? We are seeking the perfect team member to join our Accounting department at Cashco Financial as a Junior Accountant. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be mentored and obtain key accounting competencies in a collaborative environment, while you work towards your CPA designation.
- Assist in managing accounting operations (Billing, A/R, A/P, GL)
- Support and perform full cycle accounting including posting journal entries
- Work to reconcile accounting inaccuracies or imbalances
- Create and maintain reports
- Monthly and annual financial statements preparation
- Create month end reports and presentation for Controller
- Support financial analysis initiatives as we evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, and products costing
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Support compliance with local, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Other duties as assigned by Controller and Chief Financial Officer
- Post-secondary education in the field of business, accounting, finance or related field
- Completion of all prerequisite courses to be eligible to enter the CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP)
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, including the ability to work with macros. Ability to use VBA would be considered an asset but is not required.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Office 365
- Ability to work with time constraints to provide timely information, while maintaining a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills
- Demonstrates self awareness and continuously strives to improve
- Demonstrate the ability to work within the purpose and core values of the Company
- Ability to work independently, as well as a part of a team