Junior Software Developer – Edmonton
At Cashco Financial, we have a purpose; to provide relief today and hope for tomorrow. We are looking for a talented person who will assist with the completion of internal audit work and operational reviews.
As a Junior Developer you will,
· Play a critical role in developing and maintaining our loaning and client management software which utilizes C# Windows form frontend with a SQL backend
· Work within a small development team using an Agile approach to software development
· Follow service requests through the entire software development lifecycle, from inception and planning to development and finally user acceptance testing, staging and eventually release
· Track and troubleshoot issues received and provide support for our front-line staff when it comes to software errors and questions
· Play a proactive role in code optimization to improve performance
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of data structures, logic, and algorithm skills, and a broad understanding of the .Net Framework.
· Work with 3rd parties to integrate software and/or transfer information as required
· Create and manage unit-tests to validate that the software does what it was intended to do
· Extract, visualize and provide data reports to business units so they can use the knowledge to make informed business decisions.
· Work directly with other Programmers, Project Manager, Business Analyst, Project Consultant to develop and manage our core products and systems.
· Program and test complex scenarios under pressure that involves multiple systems with multiple stakeholders.
· Ensure adherence to security procedures and protocols.
· Recommend and implement industry best coding practices.
· Produce and maintain documentation for our system and subsystems.
· Provided work estimates and status updates to managers, architect and stakeholders.
Attributes For Success
You focus on impact over hard work: Smart work is the hours you work with your results and impact on team members and product
You like to break systems to build strong product, together: transforming lending solution to banking isn’t going to be easy, but we’re collectively working on it and there are no solo heroes aboard
You operate with a mentality of Build-Measure-Learn: our agile mindset is not just for our technical teams, it’s a mindset that every one of us is asked to operate from. We move fast, we make mistakes but we measure the impact, learn, grow and change as a result
You focus on 360°: Look at all angles to have significant impact, you are the person to challenge the viability of deliverable.
You do it with passion or not at all: you’re inspired by our vision of provide relief today and hope for tomorrow. You see the link between yourself and the work you are doing to transform lending solution.
You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable: we won’t always have the answers and change is a constant in our world. As a Transformer you trust in our vision and own an attitude of willingness and patience
You keep the customer at the heart of everything you develop: Empathy is a core driver in which you navigate the world. You don’t create products, processes and solutions for the sake of checking something off your checklist, you develop with the end user in mind, openly engaging new ideas, listening with intent and making decisions with the desire to balance both compassion with logical reasoning.
Developer experience with C# and SQL.
Financial background and basic accounting practices is considered as an asset.
Working with and setting up windows services and Web APIs
Web Development experience with Angular, WordPress and Entity Framework knowledge
You have/we seek:
You will have 1+ years’ experience in similar role along with a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science (or related field). You will have the ability to:
Demonstrate analytical skills
Communicate well with ability to maintain effective relationships
Use internal auditing best practices and methodologies
Work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic work environment
Maintain a high level of confidentiality and handle sensitive issues and information
What you can expect:
A comprehensive compensation and benefit program including a Wellness Benefit Program.
Cashco is an innovative leader in the alternative finance industry. We offer a full suite of financial products, loans and banking services to under-banked and under-served Canadians both online and through our network of 54 branches in B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario.