Project Manager – Edmonton
How would you like to have fun at work, be a key contributor, and feel like your work is important? Cashco Financial is a values-driven organization with a strong sense of purpose, looking for someone with the perfect balance of discipline and urgency.
We are looking for a passionate Project Manager to coordinate and oversee all software related projects. This individual will be responsible for the project lifecycle by working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure all deliverables fall within overall scope and timelines.
As a Project Manager you will,
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and software development team to generate project ideas and develop a well-defined project plan
- Plan out software projects by defining the scope, allocating resources, setting deadlines, laying out communication strategies, and handle testing and maintenance
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress; continuously manage changes to project scope, schedule and costs
- Delegate project tasks to various members of the software development team to ensure timely completion of project
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document project requirements
- Oversee consistent testing, evaluation and troubleshooting in all project stages
- Lead regular project discussions with project team to review project planning, actions, risks, issues and decision in an effort to drive project to completion
- Collect stakeholder feedback to gauge success of the project and identify areas for improvement
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Attributes For Success
You focus on impact over hard work: Smart work is the hours you work with your results and impact on team members and product
You like to break systems to build strong product, together: transforming lending solution to banking isn’t going to be easy, but we’re collectively working on it and there are no solo heroes aboard
You operate with a mentality of Build-Measure-Learn: our agile mindset is not just for our technical teams, it’s a mindset that every one of us is asked to operate from. We move fast, we make mistakes but we measure the impact, learn, grow and change as a result
You focus on 360°: Look at all angles to have significant impact, you are the person to challenge the viability of deliverable.
You do it with passion or not at all: you’re inspired by our vision of provide relief today and hope for tomorrow. You see the link between yourself and the work you are doing to transform lending solution.
You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable: we won’t always have the answers and change is a constant in our world. As a Transformer you trust in our vision and own an attitude of willingness and patience
You keep the customer at the heart of everything you develop: Empathy is a core driver in which you navigate the world. You don’t create products, processes and solutions for the sake of checking something off your checklist, you develop with the end user in mind, openly engaging new ideas, listening with intent and making decisions with the desire to balance both compassion with logical reasoning.
You have/we seek:
5+ years’ of Software Development Project Management experience
Project Management Professional (PMP) or related designation
Advanced experience using Microsoft Office platforms
Experience working with C# and SQL
Solid understanding of software development lifecycle models
You will have the ability to:
Analyze requirements to ensure scope is being met on projects
Demonstrate practical and critical thinking with a strong problem solving ability
Work and collaborate with various internal stakeholders
Delegate and prioritize tasks needed for project completion
Manage your time effectively while maintaining initiative to carry out tasks
Work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic work environment
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What you can expect:
A comprehensive compensation and benefit program including a Wellness Benefit Program.
Cashco is an innovative leader in the alternative finance industry. We offer a full suite of financial products, loans and banking services to under-banked and under-served Canadians both online and through our network of 54 branches in B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario.