Software Development Team Lead – Edmonton
Wouldn’t it be great to work for a company that gets it? Gets that when you build people, invest in technology, and honor client relationships you build the business. Gets that having a purpose is better than just having a job and gets that company values should be lived not simply hung on a wall. Cashco gets it!
As a Software Development Team Lead you will,
· Work with CPO/Executive team to plan projects.
· Set attainable goals to team members in order for the project to be finished on time.
· Represent the software development department in meetings.
· Manage multiple projects at once.
· Ensure that Software Development team has appropriate product and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver products effectively.
· Establish realistic estimates for timelines while ensure that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
· Work closely with Executive team and managers for an understanding of functional and non-functional requirements.
· Demonstrate leadership abilities with the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes.
· Provide a software development plan that meets the future needs of our clients and markets.
· Evolve the existing software system applications in various areas as needed.
· Conduct daily/weekly meetings with Software Development team to ensure everyone is on track to meet any deadlines.
· Assist developers in resolving technical issues and problems as they arise.
· Monitor individual employees’ performance.
· Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
· Manage day-to-day activities of projects and staff; communicate with team to ensure project deliverables are on schedule.
· Make decisions and communicate trade offs and risks, drive key decisions across projects.
· Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation.
· Contribute to the design and coding of products.
· Establish realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
· Monitor individual employees’ performance and sprint results.
· Ensure the backlog is well maintained.
· Ensuring the department has a focus on Security
Attributes For Success
You focus on impact over hard work: Smart work is the hours you work with your results and impact on team members and product
You like to break systems to build strong product, together: transforming lending solution to banking isn’t going to be easy, but we’re collectively working on it and there are no solo heroes aboard
You operate with a mentality of Build-Measure-Learn: our agile mindset is not just for our technical teams, it’s a mindset that every one of us is asked to operate from. We move fast, we make mistakes but we measure the impact, learn, grow and change as a result
You focus on 360°: Look at all angles to have significant impact, you are the person to challenge the viability of deliverable.
You do it with passion or not at all: you’re inspired by our vision of provide relief today and hope for tomorrow. You see the link between yourself and the work you are doing to transform lending solution.
You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable: we won’t always have the answers and change is a constant in our world. As a Transformer you trust in our vision and own an attitude of willingness and patience
You keep the customer at the heart of everything you develop: Empathy is a core driver in which you navigate the world. You don’t create products, processes and solutions for the sake of checking something off your checklist, you develop with the end user in mind, openly engaging new ideas, listening with intent and making decisions with the desire to balance both compassion with logical reasoning.
· Developer experience with C#, SQL, .NET, and Angular preferred.
· Experience in Ionic Framework is considered an asset
· Knowledge in MVC software design pattern
· Knowledge in software methodologies and development lifecycle
You have/we seek:
· Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science (or related field).
· Minimum of 5 years of management/leadership experience in a software development role.
· Must have 5 – 7 years experience working through the design, development, release cycle and delivering of software products to market.
· A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or development manager.
You will have the ability to:
· Demonstrate analytical skills
· Strong leadership, project management, time management and problem solving capabilities
· Communicate well with ability to maintain effective relationships
· Use internal auditing best practices and methodologies
· Work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic work environment
· Maintain a high level of confidentiality and handle sensitive issues and information
What you can expect:
A comprehensive compensation and benefit program including a Wellness Benefit Program.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent