Who is Cash Canada? Cash Canada is a group of companies that provides lending and retail services. We operate Pawn and Pay Day loan stores throughout Alberta and British Columbia. We also extend on-line lending and retail services through our websitewww.cashcanada.com and our on-line retail store.
What is personal information? Personal information is any information that is related to you as an identifiable individual. It typically includes such information as your name, e-mail address, or mailing address, phone number, and alternative contact It could also include preferences you voluntarily provided on our web sites or newsletter
Does Cash Canda collect personal information? We retain only information you provide voluntarily. We will ask for your name, address, e-mail address, or other personal information when you take out a Cash Canada Payday or Pawn Loan. You will also be asked for personal information when you register for a loan online, sign up for a newsletter, or enter into contests or promotions sponsored by Cash Canada.
How does Cash Canada use information it gathers about me? Cash Canada collects and uses your personal information as a routine requirement for taking a loan. This information is used to contact you with reference to the loan or other aspects of our business transaction. We may further use such information to develop and customize products or services to better meet your needs and preferences and to offer you products, services and additional marketing information about Cash Canada
Might I be contacted by organizations outside Cash Canada? We do not share information with third parties with the exception of service providers who require certain information in order to complete the loan transaction. (Example, we need to provide Visa with certain information in order to issue a pre-paid credit card). We may also share the information with our affiliated Cash Canada companies and their agents and authorized dealers. Additionally we contract outside sources to assist us with marketing and customer experience surveys.
What are marketing preferences? In general, we assume that your relationship with Cash Canada permits us to contact you by mail, phone, e-mail, or mobile texting about our products and services.
How can I change my marketing preferences? You may opt-out of receiving any of these communications by following the op-out and unsubscribe procedures stated in our policy.
How do I unsubscribe from an e-mails and newsletter? Every time we send out one of our newsletters or e-mails, we include an “unsubscribe” link. Simply click on this link and follow the instructions. You will be automatically removed from that newsletter distribution list.
What happens to information I provide on a contest entry? Cash Canada uses a variety of contests and similar promotions to increase awareness of our products and services. We generally request contact information so that we can notify you if you are a prize- winner. As well, in some cases we may contact contest entrants with product information. Contest entries generally include a way for you to indicate that you do not want to be contacted based on the information on your entry. Because contests may involve co-sponsors who have their own privacy practices, it is always advisable to read the entry form and contest rules before entering.
How will my information be used? In addition to the cases above, Cash Canada may use your personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, under circumstances specifically described to you when we collect the information (such as in a Terms of Service or Use agreement), or in the rules of sweepstakes or other promotions.
Mobile Communications Policy
In order to maximize our service to you, from time to time we will send you text messages for the purpose of sending loan status and payment notices as well as other marketing information and offers. By opting-in you are providing consent to use personal information to provide the services you’ve requested including services that display customized content and advertising. Your wireless provider’s Msg and Data Rates may apply to our confirmation and all subsequent SMS messages. You may opt out and remove your SMS information by sending “STOP”, “END”, “CANCEL”, “UNSUBSCRIBE”, or “QUIT” to the SMS text message you have received. If you remove your SMS information from our data base, your number will no longer be used for secondary purposes, disclosed to third parties and used by us for third parties to send promotional correspondence to you.
Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your name, address, cell phone number, your provider’s name, the date and time and content of your messages. We will not be liable for any delays in receipt of any SMS messages, as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator. SMS message services are provided on and AS IS basis. To view our Terms & Conditions call our Toll-free Opt-in/Opt-out line at 1-855-359-2505
To cancel text message alerts you can reply STOP to the message to opt-out of respective text alert program. Text STOP to 75935!
Help or Support
For help, e-mail us at email@example.com or call 1-855-359-2505 to request help, get contact information or additional information regarding our texting services anytime from your mobile device by replying with the word “HELP” to the message received.
General Inquiries If you have any questions about these Cash Canada Privacy FAQs, the privacy practices of our web sites, or your dealings with us, please contact:
Cash Canada Customer Care 17316 107Ave Edmonton, AB T5S 1E9 Privacy@cashcanada.com
- At Cash Canada, the security and integrity of our customers’ personal information is important to us. We take every reasonable measure necessary to protect the privacy of our customers while providing the high level communication services they expect.
- Cash Canada’s privacy practices are in accordance with all federal and provincial laws and regulations. We are compliant with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and where applicable with the privacy rules established by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).
- Cash Canada has in place privacy and security practices to safeguard our customers’ personal information. These practices are reviewed, and if necessary revised, on a regular basis. Additionally, Cash Canada’s employees receive privacy training and must comply with Cash Canada’s privacy practices as a condition of employment.
- Personal information collected by Cash Canada is information about an identifiable individual that may include such information as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, financial information, birth date and any recorded complaints.
- At Cash Canada, we collect customer information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide a positive customer experience, and deliver, bill for, and collect payment for products and services;
- To understand customer requirements and make information available regarding products and services offered by Cash Canada.
- To manage and develop Cash Canada business and operations;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Cash Canada does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Cash Canada retains personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Cash Canada informs customers of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information upon request and gives them access to their information.
- Cash Canada ensures that customer information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Customers can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and request amendments as appropriate.
- Cash Canada companies share information with other Cash Canada companies or their agents and authorized dealers, in order to offer customers products and services that they may find attractive. Notices on sharing information are contained in each company’s application forms, invoices and web sites. If customers do not want to be marketed with these products and services, they can contact Cash Canada