Your privacy. Our priority.
Personal information: Collection, Use, and Disclosure Statement (“Privacy Statement”)
Our Privacy Commitment
Cashco is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your Personal Information. Our commitment to protecting your privacy is set out in our Privacy Code, which can be retrieved from cashcofinancial.com, or from a Cashco branch. This Privacy Statement brochure is designed to
comply with applicable privacy legislation including Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act (“PIPA”).
Cashco informs customers of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information upon request and gives them access to their information.
Cashco ensures that customer information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Customers can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and request amendments as appropriate. Cashco shares information with other Cashco companies or their agents and authorized dealers, in order to offer customers products and services that they may find attractive. Notices on sharing information are contained in each company’s application forms, invoices and websites. If customers do not want to be marketed to with these products and services, they can easily unsubscribe at any time via one button (present on all eMarketing materials, or contact Cashco directly). In order to ensure that we are lending responsibly, Cashco
may access a credit bureau file on all clients applying for a first time loan with us. As a result, the inquiry may appear on your credit report.
We want you to know:
- Why we collect your Personal Information;
- How we use and protect your Personal Information;
- The circumstances in which your Personal Information may be disclosed; and
- How you may request access to your own Personal Information.
Cashco is committed to protecting the Personal Information of our customers and has prepared this Privacy Statement to better serve you.
What is “Personal Information”?
Personal Information is any information that identifies you as an individual. It does not include business contact information used for business purposes. Personal Information that we collect, use, and disclose to and from you or other sources may include but is not limited to your name, address, date of birth, gender, personal references, and credit history.
Your request for or use of Cashco products and services is your acknowledgment of the following:
Collecting Your Personal Information
- Cashco will treat your Personal Information in accordance with applicable privacy legislation and any written agreement between you and Cashco.
- All Personal Information that you have provided to Cashco is true, accurate, and complete. This applies to all Personal Information that you give in the future in connection with any application or agreement for products and services.
- You agree to help keep the Personal Information held by Cashco up-to-date through prompt notification of changes to your telephone number, address, email, or other Personal Information.
- You consent to Cashco, from time to time, collecting Personal Information about you. You acknowledge receipt of notice that Cashco may collect your Personal Information from you as well as from any third party, including any credit-reporting agency, personal institution, other credit grantor, and your current or former employer or any other person, corporation, organization, society, or other entity from time to time. Where applicable, Cashco may also collect your motor vehicle information from Alberta Registries (or any other provincial government department having jurisdiction in that area).
Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
5. Cashco may use your Personal Information as follows:
(a) To verify your identity;
(b) To share it with credit-reporting agencies, mortgage insurers, and other financial institutions to obtain credit bureau reports on you or to otherwise verify your credit worthiness;
(c) To disclose it to such parties as Cashco is required or permitted to do so by law;
(d) To assess your initial and ongoing eligibility for credit and Cashco products and services you request;
(e) For any purpose related to the provision of services you request from Cashco. Cashco may also give it to any third party contracted with or for Cashco, but only as needed for the provision of those services and provided they comply with PIPA or applicable privacy legislation;
(f ) To comply with legal and regulatory requirements. This may include but is not limited to income tax reporting (which includes your social insurance number where you hold a product that generates income), investigations pursuant to legislation or law enforcement, or disclosure to government agencies, regulatory authorities,3 public bodies, other entities, or self regulatory bodies.4 The regulatory authorities may use and disclose your Personal Information for investigation and enforcement purposes;
(g) To transfer your Personal Information to a third party pursuant to an assignment or sale that is permitted by any agreement between you and Cashco;
(h) To confirm ownership or description of any collateral;
(i) To service, monitor, or maintain your account, product, and services;
( j) To understand your needs and to offer other products and services to meet those needs;
(k) To report any account irregularities to any credit reporting agency; and
(l) To provide you with notices that serve the interests of customers of Cashco.
(j) From time to time Cashco may use third party vendors to gather information on its behalf, including for information storage. In those cases, your data may be made available to these third parties solely for the purpose of assisting Cashco in the development or maintenance of our relationship with you. In all cases where third parties may be able to access your information we will continue to protect it through confidentiality arrangements and not allow your data to be removed from Cashco’s control. We only share your personal information with others in the ways explained in this Privacy Statement. We do not sell or trade this information to other organizations or companies.
Out of Canada Service Provider Policy
6. Cashco may share your Personal Information with third parties or agents within or outside the Province of Alberta or Canada with whom we contract for the purposes of managing your relationship with us, and the products or services you request. Such Personal Information in the custody and control of a third party or agent in another province or country is subject to the laws of that jurisdiction. As such, your Personal Information may be collected, used, or disclosed by such third parties or agents without your knowledge or consent where required or permitted by law.
7. Cashco may also use your Personal Information for marketing purposes including:
(a) To assess your initial and ongoing eligibility for other products and services of Cashco;
(b) To promote Cashco or third-party products and services;
(c) To give it to third parties so they can promote products and services of Cashco or the third parties;
(d) To give to third parties contracted with or for Cashco so they can promote additional products and services to you; and
(e) To use your social insurance number to help identify you with credit-reporting agencies and other financial institutions to ensure the accuracy of information collected and reported for credit data-matching purposes.
No Personal Information is collected for our online advertising. Information collected is used to tailor promotions or special offers to you based on your interests.
We use Google AdWords and analytics remarketing to advertise Cashco across the Internet. AdWords remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of our website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine. This allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
8. Where your relationship with us is governed by securities law or regulatory requirements, your express consent (meaning your written or verbal consent) may be required for marketing purposes identified in section 7. Where applicable, Cashco will obtain your express consent.
9. You may request that Cashco not use your Personal Information for marketing purposes at any time as long as:
(a) There are no legal requirements for Cashco to use your Personal Information;
(b) Withdrawing your consent does not result in our inability to fulfill any agreement you have with us; and
(c) You give Cashco notice by:
i) Calling the Customer Contact Centre at 1-855-424-1080; or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or
ii) Visiting any Cashco branch.
How to Opt Out of Online Advertising
In order to maximize our service to clients, from time to time we will send text messages for the purpose of sending loan status and payment notices as well as other marketing information and offers. By opting-in, you are providing consent to use personal information to provide the services you’ve requested including services that display customized content and advertising. Your wireless provider’s Message and Data Rates may apply to our confirmation and all subsequent SMS messages. You may opt-out and remove your SMS information by sending “STOP”, “END”, “CANCEL”, “UNSUBSCRIBE”, or “QUIT” to the SMS text message you have received. If you remove your SMS information from our database, your number will no longer be used for secondary purposes, disclosed to third parties, or used by us for third parties to send promotional correspondence to you.
Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your name, address, cell phone number, your provider’s name, the date and time and content of your messages. We will not be liable for any delays in receipt of any SMS messages, as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator. SMS message services are provided on and AS IS basis.
How to Opt Out of Mobile Communications
To cancel text message alerts you can reply STOP to the message to opt-out of respective text alert program.
Retention of Personal Information
10. If you are no longer a customer of Cashco, Cashco may keep your Personal Information in its records for as long as it is required for the described purposes and to meet any and all legal, legislative, and regulatory requirements.
11. Cashco will review this Privacy Statement and our Privacy Code regularly to ensure that they continue to meet our obligations to you. Cashco reserves the right from time to time to modify the Privacy Statement and Privacy Code. Cashco will inform you of any changes as required by law. You may obtain the most current version of these documents at any time by visiting cashcofinancial.com.
Complaints And Your Personal Information
Cashco has a complaint resolution process if you are concerned about the collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information. Please contact a Cashco branch directly or call our Customer Care Centre at 1-855-424-1080 for more information or email email@example.com. You can request your personal information through our Customer Care Centre.
Keeping Your Personal Information Accurate
We are committed to maintaining the accuracy of your Personal Information. To keep your Personal Information current and complete, we encourage you to notify us of any changes, including to your name, address, telephone, or email information. If upon review of your Personal Information you discover any inaccuracies, please contact our Customer Contact Centre at 1-855-424-1080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to #325, 8170 50 ST NW, Edmonton, Alberta T6B 1E6.
You may contact Cashco Financial regarding privacy matters by writing:
Cashco Privacy Officer
#325, 8170 50 ST NW,
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 1E6
Or by Phone: 1-855-424-1080 EXT: 280